      From: "frpeterjackson" <frpeterjackson@...>
      Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 14:01:22 -0000
      To: orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [orthodox-synod] Re: chrismated priests?

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "jechenaudrey"
      <jechenaudrey@y...> wrote:
      > Hello, can Orthodox Christians received by chrismation only be
      > ordained as priests or must they be baptized by triple immersion
      > before ordination? Nicholas

      Hieromonk Seraphim (Rose) of Platina was received by chrismation and
      later ordained to the priesthood. I have never heard anything about
      him having to be baptized *after* his chrismation so that he could be
      ordained. Was he not "Orthodox enough" to be ordained? Metropolitan
      Laurus has told me that if someone has been received by chrismation
      and has been receiving Holy Communion, it is not proper to go back
      and baptize them since they have already been living an Orthodox life.

      Priest Peter Jackson

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .