8323Re: St Georges Church Feast Day Celebration!!

  • klandsberg
    May 1 2:33 PM
      In case anyone is interested, just for fun, I have posted two
      pictures of St. George's church in the "Photos" area of the list's
      web interface. You can see these pictures by going to
      http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/orthodox-
      synod/lst?.dir=/St.+George%
      27s+Church&.src=gr&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/

      or just click Photos on the left side of the screen if you use the
      web interface.

      (I don't know if the link I have pasted here is going to work,
      because it is very long.)

      Here is the source of the pictures:
      Navarra, Tova. Images of America: Howell and Farmingdale: A Social
      and Cultural History. Arcadia Publishing; Dover, 1996.

      NB: The book also contains photos of other Cossack buildings and
      events, as well as photos of St. Alexander Nevksy Church (old and
      new), which is also in Howell, and Rodina, another Russian
      organization whose facility is located near that church.

      Hope you enjoy these pictures.
      Katya
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic