771[orthodox-synod] Re: Vineta - a Germanic-Slavic myth...

  • Robert Miller
    Oct 3 5:04 PM
      Doubtless it is prideful of me, doubtless. But I've
      been taken in by scams of various kinds over the years,
      some of them of a religious or church nature,
      and I have learned a strong dislike for such experiences.
      I don't like being taken for a sucker, to put it plainly,
      and I am particularly sensitive when someone sets up
      my religion as a 'mark,' or appears to.
      I should be humble and just let them pass.
      But should one not object when one suspects a scam?
      Blind, thoughtless acceptance is just very dangerous
      at times. That's credulosity (assuming there is such a
      word). Being wise as a serpent according to the Scripture's
      advice surely has a place here somewhere.