7551Re: [orthodox-synod] Esphigmenou monks extremists?

  • Rev. Sergei Overt
    Feb 1, 2003
      Dear in Christ Fr. Gregory,
      You are right about what you say.
      Please know that Russian priests in ROCOR
      have always allowed this. (This is how our Russian parishioners understand
      it - "It is allowed" ).From New York to Chicago to Los Angeles(except in
      Archbishop Antony's diocese) to San Francisco to Vancouver. In every Russian
      ROCOR parish mixed marriages between Orthodox and other Christians are is
      allowed.
      I believe it has hurt the Russian parishes spiritually. In rare cases ( I
      have one in my parish) a good thing happened, the non-Orthodox spouse became
      Orthodox!Glory to God! I respect this very much. In most cases though the
      mixed marriage is just a compromise to not hurt the family.This is the
      reality of our ROCOR Fr. Gregory.
      I do not want to offend anyone by speaking about this delicate matter. I do
      believe it has hurt ROCOR over the years and now especially.
      I ask for your prayers, Fr. Gregory.
      With love in Christ,
      Fr.Sergei