7549Esphigmenou monks extremists?

  • Fr. Gregory Williams
    Feb 1, 2003
      Christ is in our midst! Forgive me, fathers, but I guess I'll have to
      confess to being an extremist. "We" in ROCOR, if it includes me (and a
      significant number of others) do _not_ bestow the Church's blessing upon
      unions between Orthodox Christians and heretics of any variety. Such unions
      are quite explicitly and vehemently forbidden by the Church, frequent
      "economies" in the present-day notwithstanding (see "Does the Orthodox
      Church Permit Mixed Marriages", Living Orthodoxy, vol. XI #2, for pertinent
      canonical and other citations).
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic