7304Re: [orthodox-synod] the antique calendar

  • StephenATL
    Jan 2, 2003
      Dear in Christ, Jan;

      I am sorry that no one has taken the time to answer your questions.
      Perhaps it is the tone in which you asked them. Anyway....... my poor
      and feeble knowledge is not eloquent enough to do so. Below are some
      links which will answer many of your questions........ and EXPLAIN the
      "How and Why" the calendar was changed........ and "why" many of us
      resist this change.....

      How and WHY the Calendar was changed in the Orthodox Church in the first
      place.........

      Part I: http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/photii_1.htm

      Part II: http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/photii_2.htm

      Liturgical Havoc Wreaked by the ┬źNew Julian┬╗ Calendar

      http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/calsci_ch9.htm

      MANY Articles on the Calendar Question..... from many sources

      http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/ea_calendar.htm

      In Christ,
      Stephanos