72[orthodox-synod] Re: Die Musik

  • Rev. John R. Shaw
    Jun 12, 1999
      I should point out that though I have a "non-Russian name", I speak
      fluent Russian. "Reoutt" could be taken for "non-Russian", although it
      may be abbreviated from "Reutov". At the Slavic Department of the
      University where I studied, there was a "Dr. Shaw" who taught Russian
      literature--but "Shaw" in her case was abbreviated from
      "Shevchenko".Don't judge a book by its cover, or a person by their
      surname!

      Having read several comments about Tchaikovsky's church music being