6130Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Vladyka Alypy & Fr. Lebedeff's Letter

  • Margaret Lark
    Aug 8, 2002
      From: "szmyte" <szmyte@...>
      Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 14:37:12 -0000

      >Father Alexander's letter is quite persuasively written, if one were
      >to accept the premise that Archbishop Alypy is of questionable mental
      >health. This seems to be the foundation of Father's commentary.
      >This view is presented early in the letter with a tone imploring the
      >reader – ironically enough – to show compassion and empathize: "…it
      >is necessary to understand the physical and emotional trauma that
      >Archbishop Alypy is going through." Father continues to hint at this
      >dubious state of mind by suggesting that sawing branches at seventy-
      >five shows poor judgement....

      I didn't get this out of Father Alexander's letter at all. As I understood it, the Archbishop was sawing branches off his tree when he fell off the ladder and injured himself seriously. If that isn't enough to cause "physical and emotional trauma," I don't know what is.

      Pardon my asking an ignorant question, but: Why would anyone want to depose the Archbishop? Outside of the obvious (worldly) reasons, the only reason I can think of is some kind of involvement, on *someone's* part, with the Mansonville mess?

      Margaret the sinner

      Glory to God for all things!