6108Re: Vladyka Alypy

  • pcarp88
    Aug 6 11:54 AM
      As a brand new ROCOR forum member, I don't know who Father Paul is or
      the ruling Bishop is or what the circumstances of the conflict
      between them that you are describing entail. But I do know this, all
      Bishops, Priests, Monastics, and Parishioners "fall into sin". So
      why is it that you've decided to attend a Greek Church?

      "For when a man is piously disposed towards the Priest, he is much
      more towards God. And even if the Priest be wicked, God seeing that
      thou respectest him, though unworthy of honor, through reverence to
      Him, will Himself reward thee. For if `he that receiveth a prophet
      in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward' (Matt. X.
      41); then he who honoreth and submitteth and giveth way to the Priest
      shall certainly be rewarded." St. John Chrysostom, Homily II (2
      Timothy i. 8-10), p 481, from The Nicene and Post Nicene Fathers,
      Volume XIII, William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, Grand Rapids
      Michigan. Reprinted July 1979. Available from the Holy Trinity
      Monastery Book Store, Jordanville, N.Y.

      --- In orthodox-synod@y..., kyracash@a... wrote:
      > I agree with you totally. This should never have been brought to
      everyone's
      > eyes so that everyone can sin. I originally posted the letter
      Vladika had
      > translated into English because he wanted everyone to know.
      Instead, why he
      > couldn't sit down with Father Paul. After all, isn't he the
      Bishop. Instead
      > everyone is now falling into sin, taking sides, saying nasty things
      to each
      > other. I am no longer regularly attending the church because of
      all the
      > hatred. Bishop has turned aagainst Bishop, Priest against priest,
      parishoner
      > against parishoner. Now maybe you can undrstand why I would not
      want to be
      > led by a Bishop and priest that cause me to fall into sin and
      choose sides on
      > their behalf. I choose the side of Christ and will pray for them
      all at a
      > Greek church. When I heard the Bishop calling a rally against
      Father Paul