6106Re: Archbishop Luka

  • vkozyreff
    Aug 6, 2002
      Dear Elisabeth, dear List,

      The principle or Sergianism was to collaborate with the authorities,
      with the fallacious hope to save one's life and the Church. In fact
      it did not save anything, and many sergianist bishops were killed by
      the Bolsheviks anyhow.

      Sergianism is anathema. We have no indication that a person who
      accepted and practised sergianism is a saint, if we have no
      indication that that person renounced sergianism and was then
      forgiven by God.

      Maybe it happened (see the good brigand), that is why we should not
      condemn people. Any apparent sinner may have already been forgiven by
      God when we think of him. We condemn sins only. In this particular
      case, we do not know. So there is no reason to believe that that
      person is a saint. It can be, but we do not know.

      Suffering has no meaning without God. Metropolitan Sergius did suffer
      a lot. This does not make him a saint.

      Many Bolshevik leaders suffered a lot when the revolution ate its
      children. Maybe there were Christian martyrs in the same Gulag. The
      bolsheviks that suffered there are probably no saints, though.

      Judas too suffered a lot. This does not make him a saint.

      In God,

      Vladimir Kozyreff

      --- In orthodox-synod@y..., elisabeth shohov <mitrophan@y...> wrote:

      > "Fr. Gregory Williams" wrote:I would be dumbfounded had he been
      included. After all, he lived and died
      > as an ardent member of the synod of the Moscow Patriarchate!?!?!?
      >
      > Dear Father Gregory- If a person was an ardent member of the MP in
      the 1920's and 1930's, suffered in concentration camps and was sent
      off to Solovki at the time that the new martyr bishop Hilarion was
      there,- does the fact that he was a member of the MP negate his
      suffering in the eyes of God? - Elisabeth
      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Service.