6105Archbishop Luka

  • Fr. Gregory Williams
    Aug 6, 2002
      Elisabeth queried...

      If a person was an ardent member of the MP in the 1920's and 1930's,
      suffered in concentration camps and was sent off to Solovki at the time that
      the new martyr bishop Hilarion was there,- does the fact that he was a
      member of the MP negate his suffering in the eyes of God? - Elisabeth

      I don't believe I said anything relating to "his suffering in the eyes of
      God", about which I know nothing. What I did say is that he _continued_ as
      a loyal (and more) hierarch of the MP _after_ his suffering, and died as a
      bishop in its ranks. As such, in no sense can he be numbered, at least by
      our Church, amongst the New Martyrs and Confessors.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic