6098Re: [orthodox-synod] Vladyka Alypy

  • Margaret Lark
    Aug 5, 2002
      From: kyracash@...
      Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:02:39 EDT

      >....I would not want to be
      >led by a Bishop and priest that cause me to fall into sin and choose sides on
      >their behalf. I choose the side of Christ and will pray for them all at a
      >Greek church....

      Well, kiddo....

      If you can handle being told that the fast is "man-made" and that it's sufficient to observe it by fasting from meat only, or even that we should just fast on Wednesdays and Fridays - during Great Lent, let alone the Dormition fast - or March 25 dinner-dances, complete with roast lamb.... Hey, be my guest. After 11 years, I've had enough, and am affiliating with ROCOR.

      As for the sniping and back-biting - I've come to see, that's human nature. Greeks are NOT immune. We all fall, we all struggle to get up, we all fall again, we all struggle to get up again. Thanks be to God that He is there to help us when we try to get up again.

      Margaret the sinner

      Glory to God for all things!