      From: Hristofor <hristofor@...>
      To: orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [orthodox-synod] Communion with the Serbian Church
      Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:03:21 -0400

      To the best of my knowledge, I do not belive the Synod ever formally issued
      a "we are no longer in communion with Serbia" ukase (If someone knows to
      the contrary, pls inform). Obviously, up until the communist takeover, we
      were in communion with the Serbian Church. I belive that the policy under
      Metropolitans Anastassy and Philaret was that there was no definitive break
      with the SC and that it fell on the bishops to use ekonomia.

      Hristofor