5908RE: [orthodox-synod] Re: Interview with Vl. Mark

  • vladimir kozyreff
    Jun 15, 2002
      Here for example is what that well known defender of Orthodoxy, St. Maximus
      the Confessor, said in the 7th century: "I do not desire heretics to be
      tormented and do not rejoice in their evil - God forbid! But I rejoice the
      more so in their conversion... I have not so far lost my reason as to value
      mercilessness above love for others...

      But despite this I say that heretics cannot be helped by confirming them in
      their insane beliefs, here one has to be blunt and uncompromising.
      For I call it not love, but hatred for one's fellow men and a falling away
      from
      Divine love when anyone confirms heretics in their errors, leading to
      the inevitable perdition of these people."

      This is why the ROCA has never confirmed the MP in its errors by
      hypocritically
      recognizing its "lawfulness" and "fullness," the "grace of its Church life,"
      or that it is supposedly a "part" of the one Russian Church, for the
      inevitable
      perdition of whatever is still alive in the MP.

      Archpriest Lev Lebedeff
      Great Lent 1998
      Kursk.