5894RE: [orthodox-synod] An Interview with Archbishop Mark

  • vladimir kozyreff
    Jun 12, 2002
      Dear Joachim, dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

      Thank you for your reply.

      I have more questions: when a bishop gives such an interview, does he
      express the meaning of the Church or his own?

      If he does not express the meaning of the Church, has he the right to do so
      and should he not make clear whom he represents?

      Is it the understanding of our Church that the MP is really the Church of
      Russia? In spite of having been founded by Stalin with the purpose of
      eradicating the real Church and having performed that mission with a certain
      success?

      If there are "stalinist" elements in the MP, is Patriarch Alexis II not the
      most stalinist of them all? Was it then well advised to have so frequent
      contacts with him? Especially against the opinion of the Metropolitan?

      Will our Church really seek legitimacy from an "autocephaly" obtained from
      the MP, as Friest Potapov once suggested, thus renouncing the legitimacy she
      once received from Partiarch Tikhon?

      Will our Church abandon all intention she may have had and all mission she
      may have received to return to Russia to be fully the legitimate Church in
      Russia again?

      What will the difference be with the OCA? Especially if our Church is bound
      to loose its Russian character and to receive its autocephaly from the MP,
      in spite of the latter considering the Latino-catholics as a "Sister Church"
      and continuing to proclaim that collaborating with Stalin, excommunicating
      the Martyrs (to re-instate them afterwards) and failing in those days to
      confess Christ before men is what saved the Church?

      Is the Synod of our Church totally free of contradictions? Did it not state
      first that it disapproved Vl Michael's failed attempt to take Vl Vitaly back
      to NY? Did it not later fail to issue any apology to Vl Vitaly? Why did it
      not even officially distance itself from the violence that took place and
      did it then promote Vl Michael after all as though nothing had happened? Is
      this an extremist question on my behalf?

      If the Synod did consider the complaint filed against Vl Ambrosius as
      futile, why did it not fulfil its guidance duty by explaining this to the
      believers?

      Please, brothers and sisters in Christs, do not insult me but be so kind as
      to explain to me if you will be so kind.

      May God have mercy!

      From: "vkozyreff" <vladimir.kozyreff@...>
      To: orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, Jun 11, 2002, 3:32 PM

      This refers to:

      An Interview with Archbishop Mark by Mark Smirov.

      Regarding this interview, here are a few things which are not clear
      to me:

      Why, as Vl Mark converted to orthodoxy in our Church, did he apply to
      become a monk in Mt Athos? Why did he apply to follow courses of
      theology in The Trinity St Sergius monastery, instead of studying in
      the Jordanville Trinity Monastery? Why did he not refer to his bishop
      for this matter? If he did, why would his bishop have send him there?

      Was Vl Mark not a mmber of the NTS movement? Why does he not allude
      to this in the interview?

      Being a citizen of Eastern Germany in 1969, how come he became a
      student in Heidelberg? In those days, East German students in general
      could not so easily get the blessing of the Stasi to study theology
      in Heidelberg.

      I am puzzled. Can anybody help me?

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .