5772Re: Who we're in communion with

  • frpeterjackson
    Apr 6, 2002
      --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "polychrony" <UPB_MONIODIS@O...> wrote:
      > --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "frpeterjackson" <frpeterjackson@y...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > [snip]
      >
      > > In the past two years I have seen people leave ROCA, not because
      of
      > > any accusation of heresy, but because of rumors. And not rumors
      > > about what ROCA may have done wrong, but because of what ROCA
      > > *might* do in the future.
      >
      > The rumor, as you point out, is that the ROCA will unite with the
      > Orthodox ecumenists (i.e., Moscow Patriarcate).
      >
      > [snip]
      >
      > > I was originally under a bishop who actually
      > > preached heresy. When I questioned him about his involvement in
      the
      > > ecumenical movement he told me that not only did he (and the EP)
      > > intend to united with Rome and the Monophysites, but
      > > eventually "with all monotheistic religions". (I kept his letter
      > > show skeptics who downplay the danger of ecumenism.)
      >
      > In seems that in the first instance, it is the allegation of
      uniting
      > with the ecumenist. In the second instance, it is allegation of
      > uniting with the objects of ecumenism. Is this a meaningful
      > distinction?
      >
      > Also, the allegation of "uniting with all montheistic religions" is
      > so bizzare, one cannot help but be skeptical.
      >
      > Polychronios

      I do not blame you for being skeptical, Polychronios. This is why I
      am happy to show the letter to anyone who wishes to see it. I am not
      saying that this bishop's views are representative of all of the EP's
      bishops. If I had been under a different bishop, who knows? I might
      have remained in the EP today, or at least a longer time. If I had a
      scanner I would post the original letter on the list. If you or
      anyone wants to see it, please send me your address and I will be
      happy to send it to you and allay your suspicions.

      Please explain what you mean by the phrase "the objects of ecumenism".

      Fr. Peter
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic