5770Re: Who we're in communion with

  • mwoerl
    Apr 4, 2002
      You seem to have missed my entire point, as my reply was somewhat
      tongue in cheek. I was certainly not endorsing uniting with mootheistic
      religions! To those who think the "allegation of uniting with
      monotheistic religions" is bizarre, I might point out that the Creed
      also announced the Orthodox belief in 'One, Holy, Catholic and
      Apoistolic Church,' and stress that the Orthodox Churches who have
      embraced ecumenism have pretty much ignored.
      Michael Woerl

      --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "Jean-Claude Williams" <cwilliams@i...>
      wrote:
      > Reading the creed we profess at every liturgy is more than empty words unless we hold them within our hearts. Read them and you will see our belief is more than merely being monotheistic.
      > "I believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.
      > And in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages................."
      > Get a copy and prayerfully read it.
      > In the same attitude, read the Our Father.
      > Being Orthodox is more than being monotheistic.
      >
      > Jean-Claude Williams
      >

      > Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 11:16 PM
      > Subject: [orthodox-synod] Re: Who we're in communion with
      >

      > --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "polychrony" <UPB_MONIODIS@O...> wrote:
      >
      > > Also, the allegation of "uniting with all montheistic religions" is
      > > so bizzare, one cannot help but be skeptical.
      >

      > You really think so? Look at some of the Roman Catholic statements on
      > Judaism, and some of the pronouncements of the Patriarchate of
      > Alexandria concering the Mohammedans! Why wouldn't they, anyway? You
      > wouldn't want ecumenism to be "exclusive," and allow only Christians,
      > would you? With the state of things ecumenical as of late, I don't find
      > this to be bizarre in the least!
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic