5764Letter to pope.

  • Hristofor
    Apr 1, 2002
      Hmm. In his sermon on the Triumph of Orthodoxy, our ROCA parish priest told
      us that we had to pray for our enemies. I assumed that to include both
      Orthodox and heterodox.

      What sin did the Patriarch possibly commit by sending a harmless Paschal
      Greeting to the Pope of Rome? After all that Rome has done to both the
      Russian Orthodox Church and the Church as a whole, it would seem that a
      greeting sent by the Patriarch would be an act of humility. (Of course, if
      he has some ulterior motives, it would then be hypocritical, though we are
      not privy to the Patriarch's thoughts...)

      Hristofor