5420Re: [orthodox-synod] practices in Holy Russia before 1917

  • Kiril Bart
    Nov 29, 2001
      Actually I wouldn't tell that this is an old Russian
      tradition, the christmas tree and all the characters
      has been popularized in Russia just in early 20th
      Century.
      Subdeacon Kirill

      --- Petteri ja Paula Genis <pgenis@...> wrote:
      > This is a rather old custom. It was much revived
      > during the Soviet regime. It ascends to the
      > pre-Christian Russia.
      >

      > Peter Genis
      > The Russian Finn. The Finnish Russian.
      > Suomalainen Venalainen. Venalainen Suomalinen.

      http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic