5120Southern Missions Conference -- Asheville, NC

  • orthodixie@aol.com
    Sep 9, 2001
      The parishioners of St Nicholas the Wonderworker, Fletcher, NC, hope that you
      and yours will join us for this year's conference in the mountains of Western
      North Carolina, near Asheville, November 9-11.

      THEME: "Orthodoxy & the Religion of the Future." Keynote address, "The
      Royal Path." Also, a panel discussion of Ecumenism & a presentation of
      papers on the writings of Hieromonk Seraphim Rose.

      DEADLINE: As this year's conference is being held at a Retreat Center, it is
      important for us to receive registrations in a timely fashion so as to make
      proper transportation, room & meal preparations. Registrations are due
      October 1st.
      Your prompt cooperation is a great help!

      SPEAKERS: Vladika Gabriel shall preside and deliver the opening address. We
      have a slate of speakers and panel participants, some who knew Fr Seraphim
      personally: Fr Alexey Young, Mary Mansur ("Orthodox America"), Daniel Olson
      and others! Fr David Moser will lead the Teen Workshops; Sister Maria will
      speak on our communities in the Holy Land; the panel discussing Ecumenism
      will include, among others, Patrick Barnes, the author of "The Non-Orthodox:
      The Orthodox Teaching on Christians Outside of the Church" & owner of the
      Orthodox Christian Information Center website.

      COST: Other than a slight increase ($25) on the general registration, we've
      kept the cost the same as in the past few years. The DOUBLE rate of $175
      includes registration, room, board, and transportation; as does the SINGLE
      rate at $225. Both the DBL & SGL rates are comparable to the combined hotel,
      conference & travel costs in years past.

      Teen programming: $125 includes room, board, conference.
      Childcare: Ages 1 -12 = $25 each.

      There are also Commuter rates and other pricing plans available with
      information at the link listed below.

      Thanks to all who've registered thus far. We look forward to having y'all
      here in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina this fall!

      Prayers coveted.

      in Christ,

      Fr Joseph Huneycutt
      St Nicholas Church (ROCOR)
      Fletcher, NC
      <A HREF="http://orthodoxinfo.com/general/missionconf_overview.htm">ROCOR
      Southern Missions Conference 2001 -- Overview</A>
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic