5118Re: Wedding rings

  • Elizabeth Riggs
    Aug 31, 2001
      --- In orthodox-synod@y..., Kiril Bart <kirbart@y...> wrote:
      > In Orthodox tradition wedding rings are to be placed
      > on right hand, unfortunately by my personal
      > observations I can see a lot of orthodox wearing them
      > on left hand, RC and Protestant tradition, even I
      > observed few lesser clergy wearing them in a same
      > fashion. My questions are: Where in a scriptures it
      > came from and second if any Old Calendarists still
      > enforce that policy.
      > Thanks, Subdeacon Kirill
      > (right hand ringed)

      In the US the etiquette doyens (Emily Post, Elizabeth Post, "Miss
      Manners," et al) have dictated that the wedding rings are worn on the
      left hand and moved to the right hand when divorced. I wear mine on
      the right hand and wear a plain gold band on my left hand so the
      Americans won't get too confused.

      Elizabeth, the sinner
      and Perennial Student
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic