      From: searchguy43@...
      To: orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2001 11:42 AM
      Subject: [orthodox-synod] Mary's mediation

      I have seen various Orthodox prayers, and also at the end of the Liturgy of St. Basil, where Mary the Mother of God is referred to as "mediatrix" or our "constant mediation." Scripture is clear that there is one Mediator between men and God, Jesus Christ, so in what manner can we understand this language, and why use that particular troublesome word? Mark