4947Re: [orthodox-synod] We are answerable

  • pvgol@aol.com
    Jun 30, 2001
      Thank you Fr. Michael.

      What ever happened to "stiajaniye sviatago duha", i.e. the acquisition of the
      Holy Spirit (I hope my translation is on the mark)?

      Just think if the tremendous amount of time and energy we expend to judge
      and condemn was used for good works instead -- a kind smile, a helping hand.

      This past Great Lent, to help keep check on ourselves, my family established
      a fine of $1.00 whenever one of us would start to judge another. The dollar
      would go into a glass jar and the "proceeds" subsequently donated to charity.