      From: moserd@...
      To: orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [orthodox-synod] Re: Reply to Fr. Whiteford
      Date: Sun, Feb 4, 2001, 5:23 PM

      --- In orthodox-synod@y..., Kiril Bart <kirbart@y...> wrote:
      > I wouldn't bet on it Father. Abp.Alypy has been
      > seriously rebuked by Metropolitan for attending
      > service with Serbian Bishops in Chicago in mid-80's
      > Subdeacon Kirill

      Oh, please, youre going to have to do better than that. If the only
      thing you can come up with is an event in ancient history that the
      Boston crowd tried to use at their conference in Mt Holly Springs to
      "set up" then Archbishop (now Metropolitan) Vitaly and Bishop Gregory
      for being too ecumenical (yes, both Vladyka Vitaly and Gregory were
      accused of being ecumenical by the Boston folks at that time - I was
      there, I saw it, I heard it - it happened in a clergy only meeting at
      that conference - and as an outsider I must say it was a masterful act
      of political manipulation...). But if you can only beat a horse that
      was dead back in the early (not mid) 80's you must be pretty

      Pr David Moser

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor