2890Bill Clinton's ancestry

  • LJames6034@aol.com
    Sep 30, 2000
      He is an Irishman.

      Doubtless there is something from Burke's Peerages about Clinton. They
      always seem to enjoy showing us the heritage of our presidents.

      Our most royal president was George Washington. He used to paint his family
      coat of arms on his carriage doors. His great grandfather is buried in the
      Spencer family chapel. Hence, it seems likely, he is related to Wills and
      Harry, one of whom will likely become king of England, etc., etc.

      According to an article, some years back, in The Smithsonian Magazine, one
      man bet another he would not walk up to General Washington, slap him on the
      back and say: "Hello, George!" in a hail-fellow-well-met way.

      He did that.

      The General turned and stared at him, until the fellow could slink away.

      Later, that man is recorded to have said: "I wouldn't do that, again, for
      all the money in the world!"

      George Bush, by the way, is our next most Royal president. As I recall, he
      shares a common ancestor with the Pretender (King) Zog of Albania.

      Father Andrew