20405RE : [orthodox-synod] Re: Innovations in the para-synagog of OCA

  • Carol Surgant
    Jun 8, 2007
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Alexandre de Bonnefoi
      <de_bonnefoi@...> wrote:

      > Father Stefan,
      >
      > Plato and Socrates had an excuse and a merit to guess God without
      any teaching.

      > Teresa of Calcutta and others (Paul VI, Athenagoras etc) are
      volontary apart from this teaching because they knew the existence of
      the righteous and orthodox teaching.

      Yes, and that is why in a few churches in Greece, Plato and Socrates
      might be found depicted without a halo *in the Narthex*. They gave
      glimpses of the truth, and perhaps prepared the Greeks to accept
      Christ, but are not of the church, therefore found only in the
      narthex. However, it is not Orthodox tradition to depict non-saints
      in the nave of the church where we worship surrounded by the those
      whom the God has revealed to the Church as saints.

      in Christ,
      Carol Surgant
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic