20393Re: Innovations in the para-synagog of OCA

  • Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko
    Jun 7, 2007
      Neither! I said what I said, …on Mount Athos there are iconographic
      images of Socrates and Plato depicted in the entry of one of the
      Athonite Monastery edifices. Socrates and Plato were pagans, but
      their images are there in honor of their pre-supposing monotheistic
      Theology. Non-orthodox on the walls of Orthodox Churches, there it
      is! And no one is the worse off by it.