20370Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Innovations in the para-synagog of OCA

  • michael nikitin
    Jun 7 8:28 AM
      Is Fr.Stefan defending the paintings or the OCA?

      Michael N

      --- Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko <StefanVPavlenko@...>
      wrote:

      > Is it not true that "one finds wall paintings (ON MOUNT ATHOS!)
      > of ancient philosophers such as Socrates and Plato (out right
      > Pagans!) at some monasteries, such as Vatopedi,..."
      >
      > The pictures, all be it in iconographic style, have no
      > halo/nimbus thereby qualifying them as outside of the family of
      glorified saints and "merely" ethicize that these people had
      >>>ASPECTS<<< of their life, character or writings that is worthy
      of note for the Orthodox Christian.

      > Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko
      >

      > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, michael nikitin
      > <nikitinmike@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Fr. Basil, we already are involved with OCA? In California,
      > > Vl.Kirill sent a Ukase for everyone in his Diocese to
      > > concelebrate with the OCA. If the bishop comes to your Church
      > and
      > > brings clergy from the OCA, Fr. Basil will have no choice but
      > > serve with clergy from OCA or leave. You are done, Fr. Basil.
      > >
      > > Fr. Valery Luckianov also has to commemorate Patr. Alexey II
      > if
      > > Metr. Laurus serves in his parish. But what's the difference
      > > whether one commemorates the Patr. or commemorates Metr.
      > Laurus?
      > > They are both one now. Fr. Valery does not want to loose the
      > > church which he built with beautiful ikonostas and icons.
      > >
      > > Michael N
      > >
      > > --- "Fr. Basil Grisel" <batushka@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > The frescos were completed in the last FIVE YEARS, please
      > > > explain that. Theresa of Calcutta wasn't dead more than
      > five
      > > > years ago.It has not been a Franciscan monastery for oh,
      > let's
      > > > say almost 20 years.
      > > >
      > > > This is just a sampling of the bizarre things that are
      > allowed
      > > > in the OCA.,,,,and some people think this is normal
      > Orthodoxy,
      > > > and we should be more involved with them.
      > > >
      > > > Fr. Basil

      > > Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search
      > > that gives answers, not web links.
      > > http://mobile.yahoo.com/mobileweb/onesearch?refer=1ONXIC

      Never miss an email again!