20362Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Innovations in the para-synagog of OCA

  • George
    Jun 6, 2007
      the only reason i've heard against concelebrating with other orthodox Christians on feat day outside the same calendar is the fact that one should not commemorate 2 feast days on the same feast day.

      though I agree given the circumstances folks should be consulting with their bishops frist.

      On Wednesday, June 06, 2007, at 10:16PM, "Reader Timothy Tadros" <pravoslavney@...> wrote:
      > I have not seen a synodal ukase or where any of our bishop have
      >come out and said you may serve with any one whom you please. I was
      >quite surprised that while the reconcilliation/unification of the two
      >parts of the Russian Orthodox Church took place in Russia. Others
      >here in America seemed to think or took advantage of the situation
      >and held similar services with other priests of other jurisdictions
      >on Ascension.
      > Will this apply to any jurisdiction especially those on the new
      >calendar?
      >Rdr Timothy Tadros
      >
      >--- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Archpriest David Moser"
      ><moserd@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, michael nikitin
      >> <nikitinmike@> wrote:
      >> >
      >> > Fr. Basil, we already are involved with OCA? In California,
      >> > Vl.Kirill sent a Ukase for everyone in his Diocese to
      >> > concelebrate with the OCA.
      >>
      >> This is a lie - either that or no other priest I know has seen this
      >> ukase. Abp Kyrill has given blessing for certain individual
      >> concelebrations in certain limited circumstances - but no such
      >> "blanket Ukase" applying to everyone exists.
      >>

      >> ArchPr David Moser

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic