19926Re: Wonderful words and colors

  • Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko
    May 4, 2007
      And RAINBOW!, how dare Rainbow be taken over by political ideologues,
      it is wonderful if it only represented to some the joy of all peoples
      together, that's fine, but again it included radical political
      stripes and immoral activities also, how sad is that. We are taking
      the RAINBOW back, too! We had a gay time at the picnic after the
      summer shower, when the rainbow shone brightly above our heads!

      Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Martinian Prince"
      <riparianprince@...> wrote:

      > Chris is Risen!
      >
      > Father, bless!
      >
      > I beg you all not to consider things like gay and red "ruined by
      evil
      > ideologies" to us who honor and seek the Truth. Father Stefan is
      > right, there IS yet hope! We had them first; they are still ours to
      > take back. I submit this view: continue to fearlessly use those
      things
      > whose original meanings are innocent and good! We may be the last
      > thing standing between a bit of good being snuffed out, usurped by
      the
      > spirit of Antichrist.
      >
      > I humbly yet firmly say that we should use these things unnaffected,
      > in innocence and goodwill, as those exhorted to live in the world
      and
      > not be of it. Every good, noble, beautiful,righteous and holy thing
      > will be taken by the enemy and twisted to suit his purposes, but
      only
      > as the world understands them--we are not of this world. We did not
      > let the Arians take the word 'Christ'. Rightly, it is the big ideas
      we
      > should most fiercely defend. Why, however, should we give the world
      > even the smallest word or concept? What has the world ever given us?
      >
      > Could this be a token way to "be as the little children" and in our
      > own unnaffected use of the word, keep the innocence and simplicity
      of
      > gaiety alive? After growing up in the SF Bay Area, and had friends,
      of
      > a sort, who had fallen to the temptation implied, I know there is no
      > mistake in the colors, words and symbols chosen to proclaim their
      > accursed path. See how the demons have led these wretched dupes to
      > wave a rainbow flag--the very symbol God gave to us as a promise to
      > never again punish us for our sins by a destroying flood--as a
      mockery
      > of His mercy.
      >
      > I don't say this as a rebellion to what you said Father, but I heard
      > your comment as a call to rebellion. I say no! I will not let words
      be
      > taken from me because those lost in darkness have forgotten their
      > understanding. "God is with us,understand O ye nations, and submit
      > yourselves!" We are the wards and keepers of those things that are
      > good, noble, beautiful, righteous and holy. Consider them to be a
      > prize to be won in the Unseen Warfare! I certainly feel this is so,
      > but feelings can't be trusted, and I'm no authority.
      >
      > What do you think, Father Stefan? Do we do work for good by ignoring
      > the implications that the world and the enemy have inflicted on
      > traditional concepts and culture? When I read books by Charles
      Dickens
      > or the Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder,
      > there is so much cultural good that is now lost or reviled. This
      world
      > is so in need of gentility and nobility (but not fake, we have
      enough
      > of that)! I don't want to give up what we can still keep by
      orthopraxis.

      > Wishing all a Paschaltide bright and gay!
      >
      > He is Risen indeed!
      >
      > Sdn Martinian
      >
      > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko"
      > <StefanVPavlenko@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The color "red", crimson/ very bright red, for emigre Russians
      became
      > > much like the word "gay" in the English Language. A wonderful
      word a
      > > beautiful color ruined by evil ideologies that make the very
      sound
      > > and sight distasteful and symbolizing an abomination. But in
      Russia
      > > the color Red was always intertwined with stronger meanings,
      beauty
      > > and joy, so they stayed more firmly in the body of the
      faithful...
      > > maybe there is still hope for the word GAY!
      > >
      > > Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko
      > >

      > > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, DDD <dimitradd@> wrote:

      > > > Truly, He is Risen!

      > > candles at
      > > >
      > > > ???? I didn't get to see the video, but I have seen red
      candles at
      > > > ROCOR cathedral in Munich. I thought it was because it was
      > > Pentecost.
      > > > It's an interesting question.
      > > >
      > > > Anna V.
      > > >
      > > > I don't know about them, either, but I recently was doing an
      image
      > > search for photos of Russian wedding crowns, and one of the
      photos
      > > the search engine came up with showed the small table with the
      two
      > > crowns on it and two RED candles! ??
      > > >
      > > > --Dimitra Dwelley

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic