19122RE: [orthodox-synod] waiting?

  • DDD
    Feb 5, 2007
      On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 20:57:06 -0500, Elias G Gorsky wrote:
      �People accusing our bishops of acting uncanonically do not have leg
      �to stand on - it is all based on adulteration of the facts. It is
      �rather very sinful and uncanonical to hurl such baseless accusations
      �onto one's lawful hierarchs and spiritual fathers.

      �Archpriest Ilya Gorsky

      Amen, Father! But what enables people to do so? The deceitful thought that they are being "confessors." (But without "confessing" the part we read at every service for a Hierarch saint: "Obey your superiors and be subject to them, for they keep watch as having to render an account of your souls; so that they may do this with joy, and not with grief, for that would not be expedient for you" (Hebrews 13:17). Along with the very first sin in Heaven of pride, immediately came disobedience, and the fall of many of the Angels. Pride: "We know the 'appropriate time' better than our bishops do." Disobedience: Leaving our bishops. The resulting fall: Leaving the Church.

      It also happened to the Old Believers, who were firmly convinced that *they* were preserving the Faith and tradition, and that their *bishops* had gone astray!

      Please, people, think about this!

      --Dimitra Dwelley
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic