19091Re: ROCOR and Moscow Orthodox Mother Church joining together,

    Feb 2, 2007
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "johnswensen12" <johnswensen12@...>
      wrote:

      > I have a friend in the Russian Church Abroad who told me that the
      > Moscow Patriarchate was "in Communion with the Roman Catholic Church"
      > ... How should i respond to my friend who
      > thinks that our Church is making a tragic mistake in joining with the
      > MP for this and other reasons?

      JRS: What you quote your friend as saying, is simply misinformation.

      It may be that some priests admit non-Orthodox to communion (but with large
      congregations, non-Orthodox who know how to behave may simply not be spotted).

      That some Russian clergy, including even old-time ROCOR clergy, could tell their
      parishioners it was permissible to communicate in Roman Catholic or other churches, is a
      long-standing problem.

      There are far too many ROCOR laity who also believe that "God is the same for everybody",
      and therefore smile upon their children marrying non-Orthodox and raising their posterity
      outside the Church.

      But, when people say that, one can also remind them that "Satan is also the same for
      everybody!"

      > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "weaver322001" <weaver32@>
      > wrote:
      > > churches including the church of Rome, anotherwards ...

      JRS: If you look in the dictionary, you will find that there is no such word as
      "anotherwards".

      It's a misspelling for "in other words".