19085Re: ROCOR and Moscow Orthodox Mother Church joining together,

  • johnswensen12
    Feb 1, 2007
      I have a friend in the Russian Church Abroad who told me that the
      Moscow Patriarchate was "in Communion with the Roman Catholic Church"
      because they supposedly allow Catholics to take Communion in Orthodox
      Churches and because they allow Orthodox in certain circumstances to
      partake of communion consecrated by a Uniate priest. I did not know
      how to answer my friend especially since this kind of behavior is one
      of the reasons our Church does not have altogether good relations with
      the Antiochian Archdiocese, namely their Communing of Monophysite
      heretics in the Patriarchate. How should i respond to my friend who
      thinks that our Church is making a tragic mistake in joining with the
      MP for this and other reasons?
      John Swensen

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "weaver322001" <weaver32@...>
      wrote:

      > I am rather new as Russian Orthodox, but from my understanding, I think
      > that the church of Moscow is interested and willing to join other
      > churches including the church of Rome, anotherwards ecumenical
      > beginnings will be surfacing. So if this is the case, then I guess we
      > will not be the ROCOR church who stood alone for so many years not
      > wanting to give up the 'truth' of our tradition and scriptures, as we
      > will be somehwat infiltrated with other doctrines?? We know Rome church
      > has some beliefs the same, but of course we know the differences, and
      > what they have changed over the years, and why the schism happened in
      > 1054 to begin with. Our differences in belief of sola scriptura with
      > Protestantsalso will be something that would need to be ironed out if
      > this happened I would think? Where will we be in the future? Will this
      > start a one world order and gov't and religion?
      >
      > Just asking. As being new to it all, just a couple years baptised, I do
      > wonder, but guess I should ask my spiritual father first, but thought
      > maybe someone here could shed some light on my worries? Am also just
      > one day new to this site,, am glad I found you, as it is good to have
      > others on this journey of faith and many who certainly understand much
      > more then I.
      >
      > In Christ,
      >
      > Katrina

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic