18879Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: The Revniteli Society of Metropolitan Anthony of Ble...

  • antiquariu@aol.com
    Jan 1, 2007
      In a message dated 12/31/2006 11:03:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      gene703@... writes:

      Senator Joseph McCarthy was a good man. He was aggressively investigating
      claims that there were Communist and Soviet spies and sympathizers inside the
      federal government back in the 50's. No wonder his name is used as a
      pejorative by pro red church folks on this list. I say it is high time for a
      "mcarthyite" commie hunt, this time in the Russian Orthodox Church.

      Gene T

      Happy New Year, Gene!

      I'm glad you and your sympathizers are finally showing true colors. In the
      United States, McCarthy is also considered a complete and utter bozo by
      anyone who has more than a sixth-grade education. His name is used as a
      pejorative by even the most conservative representatives and senators I know, and his
      reign is generally considered to be one of the darkest moments of American
      history. If the world of witch hunts and secret hearings and committees is
      what you want, it's no wonder that we hear those currents of "Bozhe Tsarya
      khrani" in the background, since this is a tradition much more Tsarist Russian
      than American. Please, Gene, be careful for what you wish, because among the
      first that the McCarthyites are going to come and get are the folks who have
      rightly or wrongly leanings of support for those evil Rooshians.

      Incidentally, I know what a revnitel' is, and for the sake of truth in
      advertising, revniteli tend to get smacked down by the prevalent society; has been
      that way at least since Masada.

      Happy New Year again, and come on! Get a life,

      Vova H.