1887[orthodox-synod] Re: The newspapers

  • Sandra Thompson
    Mar 11, 2000
      There was no forgiveness day when I was in the Roman church. I don't see
      why the Pope should aplolgize for something he didn't do. It's kind of like
      the Clinton apology for US past war deeds.

      > Is the pope also going to ask forgiveness for the
      > genocide of more than 700,000 Orthodox Christians
      > during WWII and the actions of the Ustasi?
      > -- or do we have to wait for all the perpetrators to be
      > dead 1000 years before he can apologize?
      >
      > I haven't heard anyone comment on this -- was this
      > Sunday specifically chosen because of the signifance
      > for Orthodox to ask forgiveness on this day -- (or is
      > there also a forgiveness sunday in the roman church?
      >
      > Forgive me a sinner,
      >
      > Carol

      > Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

      > Please visit www.egroups.com to update your profile. Your real name,
      parish name and city (and affiliation, if not ROCA) are required, but it is
      your choice as to whether or not your profile is visible to others. If you
      don't have web access, e-mail this same information to
      orthodox-synod-owner@egroups.com

      > @Backup- Protect and Access your data any time, any where on the net.
      > Try @Backup FREE and recieve 300 points from mypoints.com Install now:

      > -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=orthodox-synod&m=1