1880[orthodox-synod] Re: The newspapers

  • Carol A Surgant
    Mar 11, 2000
      > > On Sunday, the pope plans to express regret for the
      Crusades, the Inquisition and other "faults of the past."

      Is the pope also going to ask forgiveness for the
      genocide of more than 700,000 Orthodox Christians
      during WWII and the actions of the Ustasi?
      -- or do we have to wait for all the perpetrators to be
      dead 1000 years before he can apologize?

      I haven't heard anyone comment on this -- was this
      Sunday specifically chosen because of the signifance
      for Orthodox to ask forgiveness on this day -- (or is
      there also a forgiveness sunday in the roman church?

      Forgive me a sinner,

      Carol

      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.