18337Re: [orthodox-synod] This document should be sent back to committee (the problem goes much deeper)

  • gene703
    Nov 3, 2006
      This has been said many times but I would like to repeat it one more time and get a responce from clergy familiar with canon law who post on this list

      According to orthodox cannons a bishop that gains his appointement from civil authorities is not really a bishop, right ?

      Alexey Ridiger was appointed an MP Bishop of Tallinn in 1961 when communists were fully in charge on MP personell, right ?

      Is therefore current MP Patrairch Alexey II (Ridiger) a real orthodox clergyman or an impostor according to orthodox cannon law ?

      thank you

      "Bushunow, Peter" <peter.bushunow@...> wrote:
      The Act of Canonical Communion has been published.

      So is the Russian Church "indissoluble" or is ROCOR "independent?"
      Article 3 directly contradicts article 9 : Article 3 The supreme ecclesiastical, legislative, administrative, judicial and controlling authority in the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia is her Council of Bishops Article 9 The supreme instances of ecclesiastical authority for the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia are the Local Council and the Council of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church.
      (In Russian, there is a distinction between the "supreme" authority of the Council of Bishops of ROCOR and the "outstandingly supreme instances" ?Ӕϑ݅ʠɎӔ?ÉŊ" authority of the Council of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church i.e. Moscow. )

      So we have control over our church life except the Patriarch has to approve what we decide.

      The one thing that is clear from this Act is that the bishops of ROCOR are acknowledging the Patriarch of Moscow as our spiritual leader.

      The double speak is there to allow the administrative free-for-all that got us into this mess to continue -- Whatever anyone wants to do can be justified by reference either to Moscow or to "independence." If you start with P and notP you can prove anything.

      And so, with a clause that did not even deserve its own number, we are shrugging off this 90 year old tragedy and the sacrifices of the Holy New Martyrs as "invalid or obsolete."

      This document should be sent back to committee to wait until circumstances really and truly change, so that true spiritual communion can take place.

      Peter

      are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete it from your system.

      This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for
      the presence of computer viruses.

      Thank You,
      Viahealth

      Yahoo! Groups Links