18335RE: This document should be sent back to committee

  • Bushunow, Peter
    Nov 3, 2006
      >> The one thing that is clear from this Act is that the bishops of
      ROCOR are
      >>acknowledging the Patriarch of Moscow as our spiritual leader.

      >JRS: How could it be otherwise?

      >ROCOR does not claim to be "autocephalous", but has always maintained
      that it is only
      >ONE PART of the Russian Church.

      >The Patriarch is the spiritual leader of the entire Russian Church,
      which is supposed to
      >include ROCOR.

      >If the Patriarch were not over ROCOR, then ROCOR would not be part of
      the Russian
      >Church at all.

      >ROCOR's isolated status has always been considered "temporary". The
      trouble is, that
      >temporary status lasted too long, and some have assumed it was
      permanent.

      >In Christ
      >Fr. John R. Shaw

      Here's the irreconcilable difference: until our revisionist historians
      seized power of our Synod, ROCOR claimed to be the true Russian church.
      It was separated by the communist persecution from the rest of the
      Russian church which was in the catacombs.
      The current patriarch is the spiritual heir of that group of bishops who
      betrayed their faith and asked the communist government for authority.
      They became the MP.
      Father John asks "How could it be otherwise?"
      Simple: ROCOR could remain steadfast, and wait for the Patriarch and
      his followers to repent, and rejoin the church
      Re read http://www.homb.org/Archived_Docs_HTM/ROCORinRussia.pdf
      In Christ,
      Reader Peter

      are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete it from your system.

      This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for
      the presence of computer viruses.

      Thank You,
      Viahealth