18150Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: How many have been to Russia?

  • larry most
    Oct 6, 2006
      GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST GLORY TO HIM FOREVER
      Dear George,
      Thank you for the very thoughtful and carefully
      thought out reply. My wife and I were talking about
      this same subject today, and we remembered that the
      priest at the Church that we attended for over 20 year
      was a wonderful holy man (he is the priest that
      Chrismated our family into the Orthodox Church from
      the Byzantine Rite Catholic Church. He passed away
      last month and we went to his funeral. We remembered
      today in talking, that his Matushka (Kathleen) never
      wore a scarf or hat and quite often wore slacks to
      Church, yet she was probably one of the best priests
      wives ever. I never encountered this clothing
      "problem" until we began attending the local ROCOR
      parish in Atlantic Mine. Then on this and other
      groupes it was heavily debated. To me it is spending
      energy on something that could be spent on something
      else. I guess,if you want to enforce a dress code,
      that is your choice, but don't be surprised if you
      have nearly empty churches.
      I wish all of the Churches that fret about what to
      wear, all the best. I have other things to worry
      about.
      The same for all of the old calendar churches in the
      US. If you can get the other jurisdictions to go back,
      great. I'll be a happy man. If not, good luck in
      spreading the good news of Orthodoxy.
      Love in Christ,
      Sub-deacon Lawrence Most

      http://mail.yahoo.com