17770Re: [orthodox-synod] Magerovsky speech at Secretary of the ROCA SYNOD 10 year "chestvovanie"

  • Michael Coleman
    Sep 6, 2006
      Father bless!

      Forgive me, as I am entering this discussion
      midstream: Are you writing seriously, Father, about
      these gentlemen? Or are you being sarcastic?

      Forgive my ignorance, as I cannot tell.

      Bless!

      Michael Coleman
      Knoxville, TN

      --- Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko
      <StefanVPavlenko@...> wrote:

      > Dr. Eugene L. Magerovsky, Ph.D. (US Military), Mr.
      > Konstantin
      > Preobrazhensky, retired KGB lieutenant colonel ("KGB
      > always KGB" or so
      > he himself has said! /debrief CIA) and Ambassador
      > John Herbst (State
      > Department) are three government agents who have
      > attempted to
      > influence the Church Abroad to interests other than
      > purely Church
      > related and Spiritually founded, how sad this is
      > ...after decades of
      > State intrusion into Church Affairs in Soviet
      > Russia, here in the free
      > Western World the State encroaches on the CHURCH.
      > The Bishops of our
      > Church have the DUTY and the MORAL OBLIGATION to
      > guide the faithful as
      > they, as CONCECRATED ORTHODOX BISHOPS, see fit and
      > correct, these
      > laymen certainly have their right to express their
      > personal opinions
      > but they have no Ecclesiastical Authority to
      > intimidate or RULE OVER
      > THE CHURCH.
      > Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko

      http://mail.yahoo.com