17669Re: The MP, the ROCOR and ecumenism

  • Archpriest David Moser
    Aug 12 9:11 PM
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Woodson"
      <singingmountains@...> wrote:

      > the reality
      > is, Fr. Alexander has been an advocate for the MP's desires.

      I frequently have the opportunity to speak with Fr Alexander Lebedeff
      about this and many other issues. I can state unequivocably that Fr
      Alexander is NOT an "advocate for the MP's desires" He is, however,
      an advocate for the welfare of the Church and especially for the
      welfare of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia. Certainly
      it is true that at times he may *appear* to acvocate for the "MP" but
      those are the times when the desires of the MP coincide with the
      welfare and good estate of the whole Russian Church. There are many
      hings about which Fr Alexander is not free to speak publicly (nor will
      I knowingly betray his confidence) however, after speaking with him
      (and being forthright about my own concerns and questions,) I have
      never gone without a reasoned and well supported answer which is, in
      the end, to the greater benefit of ROCOR and of the Russian Church as
      a whole. Yes, there are things which would be to our (ROCOR's) sole
      benefit but which would harm the Russian Church and Fr Alexander
      always chooses the welfare and benefit of the whole Church over even
      the parochial interests of his (our) little part of the Church. Your
      accusation that he is "an advocate for the MP" is certainly inaccurate
      and mistaken at best, and at the worst outright slander.

      Archpriest David Moser
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic