17591Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: The MP, the ROCOR and ecumenism

  • antiquariu@aol.com
    Aug 7, 2006
      In a message dated 8/7/2006 8:49:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      singingmountains@... writes:

      But then, perhaps some were disappointed that the G8 summit was held
      > the dark, dismal, atheist, autocratic Russia and that Russian Church
      > hierarchs and leading Russian historians and sociologists were telling
      > delegates about how to deal with inter-religious violence. But then,
      > what's wrong with that? After all, Russia didn't know religious
      > until 1917. Russia didn't exterminate its native populations. Russia
      > didn't forcibly convert anyone to (or from) anything.

      Aleks, making statements like the above seriously compromises your
      credibility. The one thing you can say about the Romanovs, since the accession of
      Mikhail Feodorovich, is that they have gone out of their way to ruthlessly
      suppress and exterminate Russia's native populations, they just haven't been
      terribly successful at it. It has nothing to do with some type of religious point
      of view. It's sort of a Russian tradition: Bulgars -- hey, we even have a
      saint called "The Bulgar Slayer", Koryaks, Chukchi, Itelmen, most of the
      Central Asian states (remember the sieges of the Khanate of Bukhara? And the
      reason that the Russians have such major problems in Chechnya today is because
      they have been ruthlessly hunting Chechens for more than 300 years. Stalin,
      like Hitler, just perfected technique.

      Vova H.

      Thankyou for your translation workorder! ALS appreciates the opportunity to
      serve. Please come visit us at our corporate headquarters in the heart of
      Virginia's beautiful Hunt Country.

      Werner Saemmler-Hindrichs
      Director of Operations
      ALS, Inc!