17106Re: Meletios Metaksakis, Metropolitan, Archbishop, Pope and unfortunate Patriarch

  • myhrr101
    Jul 6, 2006
      <vrevjrs@...> wrote:

      > I had been thinking of translating it myself, because for the most
      part we only hear such
      > things from those who have their own axe to grind, their own
      positions to support. The
      > Moscow Patriarchate does not need to discredit the new
      calendarists, which makes this
      > article the more convincing.
      >
      > In Christ
      > Fr. John R. Shaw

      It's a source of constant wonder to me that priests of ROCOR have
      done so little research on The Moscow Patriarchate, which name by
      the way is synonymous with the Russian Orthodox Church according to
      its own Statutes.

      The Moscow Patriarchate created by Stalin has every interest in
      publishing the metaxian history as it bolsters its own claim to
      Third Rome status on the world stage. Of course it can't push the
      uncanonical nature of Metaxakis' rise to power too far, but once it
      owns all Russian Orthodox worth bothering with it will be better
      able to convince the world to ignore its own beginnings. After all,
      everyone now accepts the MP as the Mother Church, don't they?

      Well, when you all commemorate your Great Lord Alexei II or his
      successor there will still be some wondering how so many left
      Christ's ecclesiology for the system He ruled against.

      Myrrh

      http://orthodoxeurope.org/page/3/15.aspx

      I.2. The Self-governing Churches, Exarchates, Dioceses, Synodal
      departments, Deaneries, Parishes, Monasteries, Brotherhoods,
      Sisterhoods, Theological educational institutions, Missions,
      Representations and Church representations (hereinafter
      called `canonical units'), which constitute the Russian Orthodox
      Church, canonically comprise the Moscow Patriarchate.

      `The Moscow Patriarchate' is another official name of the Russian
      Orthodox Church.

      IV.3. The name of the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia shall be
      mentioned during the divine services in all churches of the Russian
      Orthodox Church with the following wording: `For our Great Lord and
      Father (name), His Holiness the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia'.
      `The Moscow Patriarchate' is another official name of the Russian
      Orthodox Church.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic