16897Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Saint Florian

  • Stephen/Στέφανος
    May 31, 2006
      What a very ethnocentric, bigoted and "westo-centric" (occidocentirc?)
      comment: «the Greeks aren't even remotely aware of the western
      saints. The Russians usually are». How many Greek and Eastern
      Saints are not known in the West??? The Greeks do know a lot more
      Western Saints than you think, and they are learning more. A Greek
      Bishop translated the lives of many pre-schism British Saints into Greek
      some thirty years ago! I am sure there are many other such books.
      Also, St. Seraphim of Sarov and many other non-Greek Saints are very
      popular in Greece amongst pious Greeks.

      Stephanos,
      a Greek