16415Re: What the ROCOR-bashers want

  • Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko
    Apr 9, 2006
      As I understand it: Individual Bishops will not be approved by their
      Synod, the Chief Hierarch would be subject to rejection by their
      Synod or ONLY on canonical grounds. They would not have their Bishops
      in our Synod of Bishops, but ours would (probably by rotation) be
      members of their Holy Synod. Father Alexander L. may correct me if I
      am grossly in error.
      Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Rd. David-Constantine Wright"
      <constantinewright@...> wrote:

      > --- "Fr. Alex Kotar" <fralex4@...> wrote:
      >
      > > MP's approval of ROCOR's bishops is necessary due to the
      provisions
      > > that ROCOR bishops would particiapte in MP's Synods and Bishop's
      > > Councils (while no MP bishops would participate in ROCOR's Synods
      >
      > OK, I'm confused now. Fr. Alexander Lebedeff has said that ROCOR'a
      > internal life would be completely independent, yet Fr. Alex now says
      > that after the union the MP will have to approve ROCOR's bishops...
      > would assume that means that the MP will have to give its approval
      for
      > all current ROCOR bishops and its approval for those subsequently
      > elected to the ROCOR episcopacy.
      >
      > Which is it? A simple answer, please.
      >
      > In Christ,
      > Rd. David-Constantine

      > | Reader David-Constantine Wright constantinewright@... |
      > | Personal Website: http://constans_wright.tripod.com |
      > | OR http://members.tripod.com/~constans_wright |
      > | "God became Human so that humans could become gods." |
      > | St. Athanasius the Great, *On the Incarnation* |
      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic