16356Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Rocor Autonomy will be on the model of UOC/MP?

  • michael nikitin
    Apr 5, 2006
      Many valid points were given by our previous hierarch's and Synod, but unfortunately are brushed away.

      Protopriest Alexander Lebedeff stated the MP was created by Stalin after ROCOR so how can it be a part of ROCOR? And they will be telling us what bishops we will have?
      No thanks!

      Michael N

      Protopriest David Moser <moserd@...> wrote:
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "frraphver" <frraphver@...> wrote:

      > parishioners voting for a certain candidate after hearing a sermon
      > from the amvon by their priest telling them who to vote for.

      Not possible. That would violate the NPO (Non Profit Organizations)
      regulations under which most parishes are organized and they would
      then be subject to all kinds of federal and state regulations and
      penalties - most notably losing their tax exempt status.

      I must say that the amount of panic mongering that is going on
      certainly belies the emptiness of any real substance in the arguements
      of those who oppose reconciliation between ROCOR and the MP. Come on
      folks if you have a *real* arguement, please present it - but in the
      past year of reading these lists and paying particular attention to
      the issue, I have heard very little that has more substance than
      shouting the same thing over and over or trying to induce mindless
      panic so that like lemmings we can all run off the cliff together or
      saying things so ridiculous that no one can possibly believe them. I
      will admit I have heard one or two issues that had substance and
      thanks be to God the issues raised by those arguements were found to
      have merit by the committees and so became part of the discussions.
      But most of this poppy-cock is nothing but empty wind (and noisy wind
      at that).

      Protopriest David Moser
      Boise, ID
      email: moserd@...