16138Re: [orthodox-synod] FWD: Metropolitan PAVLOS of America hospitalized (Theotokos)

  • Anastasios Dustin Hudson
    Mar 1, 2006
      Dear Gene,

      Yes, Theotokos is "Mother of God" but more literally,
      I believe, God-bearer.

      It is the title Orthodox use to describe the Virgin
      Mary, ascribed to her at the Council of Ephesus in 431
      AD.

      Anastasios

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/B6T8nB/Vp3LAA/EcBKAA/m.VolB/TM

      http://mail.yahoo.com