16137Re: [orthodox-synod] FWD: Metropolitan PAVLOS of America hospitalized (Theotokos)

  • gene703
    Mar 1, 2006
      I hope he fully recovers soon
      what's a Theotokos ?
      theo is God I guess? tocos is mother ?
      I heard it so many times and just let it slide
      thanks

      Gene T

      Rev Fr Mark Gilstrap <fr.mark@...> wrote:

      Posted on the ORTHODOX list today:

      ===========

      The Holy Metropolis of the Genuine
      Greek Orthodox Church of America
      Cathedral of St. Markella
      22-68 26 Street * Astoria, NY 11105

      March 1st, 2006

      NEWS/PRESS RELEASE

      Re: Metropolitan PAVLOS of America hospitalized

      Metropolitan PAVLOS, the Archbishop of America, suffered a very
      serious brain hemorrhage while at his residence in Astoria early
      yesterday evening. He was taken to Mt. Sinai Hospital of Queens, and
      then transferred to Mt. Sinai Hospital in Manhattan.

      His attending neurologist, Dr. Ronald Alterman, stated that it is
      still too early to determine how much neurological damage His
      Eminence suffered. The Metropolitan is currently being kept under
      sedation.

      The Holy Metropolis asks that everyone pray to the Mother of our God,
      the Most Holy Theotokos, that she may intercede with her son our Lord
      God and Savior Jesus Christ, that He have mercy on His servant
      Metropolitan PAVLOS.

      At 7:00 PM every evening, at the Cathedral of St. Markella, a
      Supplicatory Canon to the Mother of God will be conducted on behalf
      of His Eminence Metropolitan PAVLOS.

      CONTACT: Dr. Michael Yunakov - 516-375-7327

      Jewish orthodox Orthodox Orthodox church Greek orthodox church Sect of judaism