16078Re: [paradosis] The Problem with Having an Idee Fixe

  • Fr. Alexander Lebedeff
    Feb 12, 2006
      Vladimir Kozyreff wrote:

      >This organised deception in defence of the unia consists in presenting the
      >situation as a choice between truth and love, love allegedly being more
      >important. The orthodox view us that love and truth are inseparable, because
      >there can be no love outside the truth.

      Let us listen to Metropolitan Anastassy on this:

      "We must be guided," says Metropolitan Anastassy "by the words of
      Christ: 'do unto others as you would have others do unto you,' and
      'be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.' Yesterday two opposing
      points of view were expressed: that of love without truth and of cold
      truth without condescension and love. Truth is found in the
      concordance of love and truth" (Synodal Archives [SA], Council of
      Bishops, 1953, Protocol No 5, 3/16 October, p. 9.

      Too often we are hearing (from opponents of reconciliation) what
      Metropolitan Anastassy called "cold truth without condescension and love."

      That is the error of the Pharisees.

      With love in Christ,

      Prot. Alexander Lebedeff