15459Re: Reflections

  • kato_ny
    Nov 2, 2005
      Fr Alexander lebedeff tries to answer a few questions:

      ======================
      <<1) Is the Moscow Patriarchate a Church?
      When this question is brought up, it immediately begs the
      question--if it is not a Church, when did it stop being a Church?>>
      =====================

      COMMENT: RESPONSE:
      Why do people have tendencies to twist the thoughts around? Sure I do
      agree the MP is a church, we can also consider sects churches as
      well, maybe even the KGB as a service for God.

      maybe the question, if it was brought up before, should have beena
      bit more concrete:

      SINCE WHEN DO CHURCHES ROB FROM OTHER CHURCHES?
      -HEBRON
      -JERICHO

      just two mere simple little examples that the MP Church decided to
      handle is such a simple fashion... we do know that back then, they
      were a church still...

      also, if the MP was such a great church, Fr Alexander lebedeff, why
      didn't you flock to it ages ago??? why didn't you flock to the OCA
      Church??? They were under the guidance too, under the MP...

      ===================
      <<2) Now, to the second question.
      > Some have asked why the Church Abroad does not try to establish
      > contact with the Catacomb Church in Russia, .... it constitutes the
      only remnant of the legitimate Church of Russia that exists on that
      territory today.
      > The answer is simple: there **is** no single entity that can
      > legitimately claim to be the Catacomb Church. There are only widely
      > dispersed catacomb communities, most of which live in complete
      > mistrust of one another.
      ====================

      COMMENT: RESPONSE:
      Maybe this question should also be read differently, or maybe have
      another thought:

      Why not ask the catacomb church the reasons why they don't want to
      join the MP in the first place, since 1991???

      Are they not closer to better understand the situation among the MP
      as a whole, inside Russia????

      Since the catacomb church was somehow attached to the ROCOR church at
      one point in time, should they not be the main consultants in this
      issue? instead of having a few wannabes who are completely turning
      around our ROCOR position??? and somehow carrying out a one political
      mind wash game to the entire ROCOR community who once was 90% against
      union?

      ==========================
      The Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia has a mandate--stated
      > in its Constitution (Statutes) -- to administer itself as an
      > independent entity, only on the territories outside of Russia, and
      > only until the fall of the Soviet regime.
      > Now that time has come.
      > Time for the Russian Church to be whole again.
      =========================

      COMMENT: RESPONSE:

      you can read the ROCOR mandates-statutes in so many ways and fashion.
      Im sure you understand my thoughts on this subject.

      In a way, the soviet regime has not fallen. The government has not
      returned everything back to the church, though i do agree, the
      process is on, but far far from over...

      When you comment, that its time for the Russian Church to be whole
      again, yes, I also agree with this statement... BUT ONLY UNDER OUR
      GUIDANCE OF THE ROCOR church!!!

      THE MP was an elected soviet athiestic regime... and you know that
      better than I do...

      WE SHOULD HAVE OUR ROCOR CHURCH officials be the leaders of the
      Russian Orthodox Church, in order for it to Guide the ill and much
      needed organization, inside the MP. I would also reccomend bring back
      Metropolitan Vitaly to the picture as well, and listen to the older
      generation of our priests and bishops, instead of bringing in alot of
      younger or freshly made priests and converted priests or bishops, who
      might not truly be russian...

      Bog v Pomoshchi!!!
      Konstantin

      <lebedeff@w...> wrote:

      > Recently, several posts have come up that have touched upon a
      couple
      > of questions that I would like to respond to.
      >
      > 1) Is the Moscow Patriarchate a Church?
      >
      > When this question is brought up, it immediately begs the
      > question--if it is not a Church, when did it stop being a Church?
      >

      > 2) Now, to the second question.
      >
      > Some have asked why the Church Abroad does not try to establish
      > contact with the Catacomb Church in Russia, since, if the Moscow
      > Patriarchate is not a Church, it constitutes the only remnant of
      the
      > legitimate Church of Russia that exists on that territory today.
      >
      > The answer is simple: there **is** no single entity that can
      > legitimately claim to be the Catacomb Church. There are only widely
      > dispersed catacomb communities, most of which live in complete
      > mistrust of one another.
      >
      >> The Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia has a mandate--
      stated
      > in its Constitution (Statutes) -- to administer itself as an
      > independent entity, only on the territories outside of Russia, and
      > only until the fall of the Soviet regime.
      >
      > Now that time has come.
      >
      > Time for the Russian Church to be whole again.
      >
      > With love in Christ,
      >
      > Prot. Alexander Lebedeff
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic